pkg install not installing latest version of package

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Tue Aug 27 16:13:23 UTC 2019

I have a FreeBSD 13.0 VM installed about a year ago.  I would like to
use this VM for ports development.  To that end, I would like to install
poudriere.  However, I am finding that 'pkg install' is not locating the
latest available version.

#####
% uname -mrs
FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT amd64

% sudo pkg update
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.

% sudo pkg install poudriere
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
The following 3 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	poudriere: 3.3.2
	dialog4ports: 0.1.6
	freebsd-release-manifests: 20181211

Number of packages to be installed: 3

The process will require 2 MiB more space.
756 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
pkg:
http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/All/poudriere-3.3.2.txz:
Not Found
#####

But when I go to http://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/All/, I see:

#####
poudriere-3.3.2_1.txz	742380	2019-Aug-19 13:30
#####

... which differs from the tarball "Not Found" only here:

#####
poudriere-3.3.2.txz
poudriere-3.3.2_1.txz
#####

I would have expected 'pkg install' to be able to handle this
difference.  What I am not understanding?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan