openwebmail broke with latest update

William Dudley wfdudley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 14:31:05 UTC 2019

Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I left my debugging attempts out of my email to the list.

I checked the permissions, and they are as they should be: 4755 for
openwebmail.pl, owned by root:mail.

What I guess I need to do is write a small perl test program to see if the
setuid stuff works; perhaps
the FreeBSD Perl maintainer decided/forgot about the setuid Perl feature.

Since I haven't played with that Perl feature in a long while, that means a
bit of research . . .

Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.