Firefox or what?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Aug 12 15:48:08 UTC 2019

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:37:54 +0200
hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does any of the Firefox versions that can be installed with pkg
> actually work?

	Yes I've been using Firefox on FreeBSD for a very long time now,
always installed from packages. Currently I'm running Firefox 68.01 on
FreeBSD 12 with no problems at all.

>  Firefix continues to freeze, crash, being unable to
> remember its settings,

	None of this.

> to not show up at all when starting it other
> than in the process list,

	Not sure what this means, I usually start it from a small script
in .wmx (that's just how my window manager works) that just
runs /usr/local/bin/firefox. Just typing firefox at a command prompt also
works fine.

> and it usually can't be killed even with
> kill -9.

	Never seen that, and my home directory is NFS mounted.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>