current 350855 build error / intel hd 5500 / intel wifi 7265 / sierra em7305

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Mon Aug 12 05:05:08 UTC 2019

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 4:03 PM Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> I have switched to a Panasonic Toughbook CF-MX4 (i5-5300U based),
> which has problematic:
> 1. Intel HD 5500 GPU. Cannot see screen (DRM issue?).
> 2. Intel WiFi 7265. Load format error.
> 3. Sierra Wireless EM7305. Not recognised by U3G.
>
> None of them seem to work out of the box in 12.0-RELEASE-p9.. does
> anyone has any good experience with above hardware components?
>
> 1. Needs new DRM driver that does not build outside CURRENT.
> 2. Probably will work in CURRENT too?
> 3. Looks like VID/PID needs to be added to U3G module.

So far so good, it took some time, I managed to build CURRENT kernel
after the buildworld in the first place :-)

1. GPU DRM CURRENT MADE MY INTEL HD 5500 WORKING THANK YOU! :-)

2. WiFi Intel 7265 needs both if_iwm and iwm7265fw modules, it works :-)

3. Will play with U3G in order to make Sierra EM7305 LTE working..
hope it wont need any firmware binary blobs..

The last question - are there any PKG package repositories for
13-CURRENT? It takes ages on my laptop to build everything from
scratch (~9h for buildworld).. or I am left with PODRIERE?

Best regards :-)
Tomek