/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/12.0-RELEASE/ has empty doc.txz file?

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 05:09:58 UTC 2019

Hi,

I just updated my server to 12-RELEASE and was going to use iocell to
update my jails. Iocell needs to fetch the base package archives from the
FreeBSD site but chokes because there is no docs.txz file. After navigating
to http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/12.0-RELEASE/ I
noticed that the docs package is just an empty stub called
docs.txz.empty_archive.

Is there a reason the official freebsd release package doesn't have a docs
archive? Is there any plan to correct this?

Thanks,
Russ