saving "zfs send" to a Windows host

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Apr 26 05:06:52 UTC 2019

On 25 Apr 2019, at 21:30, Victor Sudakov <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:
> [...]

[SNIP]

> It seems to me that "CON" or "CON:" is not really /dev/stdin, it's
> rather /dev/tty. Or probably it's CMD.EXE's stdin, not TYPE.EXE's stdin.
> Whatever.

Windows is not unix, and despite the existence of things line con: and | you can't easily transport unix flexibility onto Windows shell.

However, I believe you can install bash in Windows 10. In fact, you can install an entire linux bistro right into Windows 10.

Not sure if that will help you or not, but it might be worth losing into (I'm not a Windows person, Windows is the thing I avoid when possible).

<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10>

Options include Ubuntu, Debian, and others.

--
Trying to engage you in any meaningful discussion is like trying to play
chess with a pigeon.  You shit all over the board and then strut around