saving "zfs send" to a Windows host

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Tue Apr 23 05:42:45 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

What is the most convenient way to stream a "zfs send" output through
the network to a file on a Windows host, for backup purposes?

I used to use mount_smbfs to mount a Windows share and capture "zfs
send" output to a file, but now that SMBv1 is not supported anymore,
mount_smbfs has become useless.

I don't mind installing some agent to the Windows host which will be
able to receive "zfs send" output to a network port (through netcat for
example) and save it there, but I don't know what it could be. It should
also support some form of authentication (at least not permit an
arbitrary host to overwrite the backups).

Can you recommend something?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/