Apache 2.4 timeout

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sun Apr 14 16:38:29 UTC 2019

I have a strange problem with a jQuery project on FreeBSD 11.2-p9
running Apache 2.4.39. The issue is easily duplicated by spinning up a
new VM, install Apache and this file upload project:

https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload/

The issue is the file upload give 'Unknown error' when uploading any
file that exceeds exactly 22 seconds. After I download the project demo,
I adjusted these settings in the demo app to allow a large mp4 video to
be uploaded...

acceptFileTypes: /(\.|\/)(gif|jpe?g|png|mp4)$/i,
maxFileSize: 999000000,

My tested example was a mp4 video file just over 200MB in size and gives
the error after about 80% and exactly 22 seconds into the download. I
did find this 'RequestReadTimeout' setting in Apache and set higher
header and body settings:

<IfModule reqtimeout_module>
#  RequestReadTimeout header=20-40,MinRate=500 body=20,MinRate=500
   RequestReadTimeout header=60-120,MinRate=500 body=60,MinRate=500
</IfModule>

But same result after an Apache restart. Can anyone suggest what is
needed to get this project working? I have downloaded the project to
another CentOS7 server where is works fine.

--
Robert