NIST and FIPS compliance

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 18:06:40 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I find the whole idea of NIST and FIPS to fly in the face of OSS sanity.
However, should there not be a switch in all ports and the OS for things to be built with a FIPS compliant encryption module?  Seriously, like the openssl-2.0-fips module?
I know it's annoying but the US and Canadian Govts are demanding this of all vendors and contractors.  RH/CentOS is already compliant with this stupidity and, sadly, I think it should be considered.

And, if this was done, it would allow all derivations of the FreeBSD to be able to access this.  I'm trying for FreeNAS to be used in such an environment.

Paul