Recover Fat32 files from a usb hd overwritten with a Freebsd image

Victor vdemart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:37:31 UTC 2018

Il giorno 15/set/2018, alle ore 21:10, Polytropon ha scritto:
> By the way, are you sure it's FAT? Who uses FAT today? In
> "Windows" land, external disks tend to be formatted with
> NTFS, so in addition to the following information, you
> might consider checking if tools from the "ntfsprogs"
> package (here: ntfscat, ntfsinfo, ntfsclone, ntfsfix,
> or ntfsundelete) could be usable.

Thank you very much indeed for your detailed instruction. I'll have a go at magicrescue.

By the way the reason why  I think I initially had formatted the usb device as Fat32 is that I used Disk Utility of Mac OS X where the format is labelled as "MSDOS(FAT)" (the other windows format is "exFAT").  Maybe I could be wrong ....
Thanks again
Vittorio