Amavisd-new has disappeared from PKG repository?

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Mon Sep 10 00:26:25 UTC 2018

On 9/9/18 4:40 PM, Plugmusc wrote:

> This is very strange. I have multiple servers and non are able to find the
> package:
>
> # pkg search amavis
>
> amavis-logwatch-1.51.03_1      Amavisd-new log parser
>
> amavis-stats-0.1.12_5          Simple AMaViS statistics generator based on
> rrdtool
>

> I've done pkg upgrade -f. The servers are all in Hong Kong.
>

> Does anyone have any ideas?

This is just conjecture, and possibly wrong, but it could be some issue
with either DNS resolution and/or contents of the repository checked by
'pkg search <pkg name>'.

To test this you could try pointing to a different repository.

Example: My FreeBSD.conf file points to pkg.freebsd.org. From my
location in California, pkg.freebsd.org resolves to
pkg0.isc.freebsd.org, which has an IPv4 address of 149.20.1.201.

Just for testing (this is a very bad idea in production), I hard-coded
that IPv4 address in my FreeBSD.conf file:

FreeBSD: {
  #url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
  url: "pkg+http://149.20.1.201/${ABI}/latest",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  signature_type: "fingerprints",
  fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
  enabled: yes
}

Then re-ran 'pkg update' and ran 'pkg search -r FreeBSD amavis'. Note
that the results include amavisd-new:

amavis-logwatch-1.51.03_1      Amavisd-new log parser
amavis-stats-0.1.12_5          Simple AMaViS statistics generator based
on rrdtool
amavisd-milter-1.6.0_5         Milter for amavisd-new
amavisd-new-2.11.0_3,1         Mail scanner interface between mailer and
content checkers

dn