Media (img or iso) not working to install FreeBSD 11.2 in a old PC

Martin Paredes mapsware at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Sep 4 03:16:50 UTC 2018

En Sab, 1 Septiembre, 2018 en 21:22, Doug McIntyre escribió: Para: Martin Paredes
>On Sat, Sep 01, 2018 at 04:44:31PM -0700, Martin Paredes wrote:
>> Which file I use?
>>
>> My PC use BIOS (it is realy old), so I can not use UEFI media
>> I am trying to install with an usb, like I had done in the previus releases (10.X and before)
>
>All of my servers use BIOS to boot.
>
>I have used 'FreeBSD-11.1-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso' to install
>several servers lately.
>
>UEFI isn't universal, but I do think that the stock boot ISOs let you
>use either.

The difference is that I am using i386 arch

FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-i386-memstick.img

I am doing some test and I thik I have found that the img for i386 is build incorrectly

When I finish my tests, I will send an email with what I found