APC UPS BackUPS Pro (BX1500M)

Chris Gordon freebsd at theory14.net
Mon Sep 3 20:27:25 UTC 2018

I have an RS1500 and several RS700G models.  I use apcupsd and the USB data cable that comes with them.  They work perfectly fine with FreeBSD.  You’ll most likely need/want a new battery. Look around for local shops that sell batteries -- they may be cheaper than what you find online and/or from APC directly.  The batteries are “standard” types and there are a couple of factories in the world that make them for everyone.

Chris