ATTO UL5D Ultra320 SCSI Adapter - Help!

Stefan Knollmüller kravel at web.de
Mon Sep 3 13:19:33 UTC 2018

> On 2018-06-15 10:41, Frank Leonhardt wrote:

> FWIW I've given up for now and put in an Adaptec card, which worked
> first time.

Hello Frank,

I had the same problem with a ATTO UL5D card.
You have to comment out lines 181 and 182 in /usr/src/sys/dev/mpt/mpt_pci.c where the card vendor gets checked.
Like this:
//      if (pci_get_vendor(dev) != MPI_MANUFACTPAGE_VENDORID_LSILOGIC)
//              return (ENXIO)

Here only LSI cards with MPI_MANUFACTPAGE_VENDORID_LSILOGIC = 1000 will be allowed, all others including ATTO = 117c will be ignored.
After compiling a custom kernel without these lines your card will be initialized without problems.

Stefan