freebsd packages going the debian way!

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Sun Oct 14 02:57:38 UTC 2018

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:29:16AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> Yes, the Tkinter and Python dependencies are only needed for
> the GUI tool fetchmailconf to work. Regular fetchmail does
> not need it, and in my opinion, _this_ should be reflected
> in the default package building options, as fetchmail is
> often used as CLI tool only, and especially when used on
> servers, you don't want or need any X11 dependencies.

Hopefully with Flavors now fully established, we can start branching
packages out quite a bit with different flavors to contain package spread
instead of branching so many different package trees.

I guess X11 would be an ideal to get rid of, but I guess most of
clients demand ImageMagik, so that doesn't help me much.