Ignoring/deleting/whatever data errors in zpool

Trond Endrestøl Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no
Fri Oct 12 14:04:24 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 15:52+0200, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> I have a virtual machine that has two virtual disks with a ZFS on
> it. The storage cluster beneath the virtual disks had severe
> problems and now I have on one disk a pool with nearly 3000 data
> errors. I don't care about those data errors and would like to have
> those files somehow removed from my system, so that the pool becomes
> healthy again. I did two scrubs and there are still 2720 errors or
> so.

Maybe the underlaying storage system is unable to maintain the
corrections done by ZFS.

> Is there an easy way to purge those files without destroying
> snapshots and deleting them by hand?

The snapshots themselves may still reference the affected files. Thus,
some, if not all, of the snapshots must be destroyed first.

> What is the way to go here? I don't want to do a restore, I accepted the
> loss and want the files gone.

Maybe it's time to abandon the pool altogether. Fix that storage
system and recreate everything from scratch.

You have my sympathy, data loss is never funny even if the system is
expendible.

--
Trond.