Power management

Ken M ken at mack-z.com
Fri Nov 30 03:22:20 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 01:27:34PM +0100, Julien Cigar wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 06:36:46AM -0500, Ken M wrote:

> try to add:
>
> in /boot/loader.conf:
> acpi_video_load="YES"
>
> in /etc/sysctl.conf:
> hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness=50

So after I did this the laptop still booted to full brightness. On top of that
the brightness keys stopped working. I was how ever able to change brightness
with a sudo sysctl command. Then the really odd thing the increase brightness
key still didn't work but the decrease brightness key sent it back to full
brightness???

On a hunch I tried instead using acpi_ibm, but that didn't workout.

Ken