Invalid DKIM signatures in this list

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Tue Nov 27 02:31:45 UTC 2018

John Levine wrote:
>In article <20181126185830.18005da3 at gumby.homeunix.com> you write:
>>>
>>> Nobody.  See RFC 6376, section 6.3.
>>
>>That's of very little relevance. This is mostly about failing DMARC.
>
>The message to which I was responding doesn't mention DMARC at all.
>Can you point out what I missed?  It was saying, wrongly, that lists
>are supposed to strip broken DKIM signatures.

I never said that "lists are supposed to strip broken DKIM
signatures." If you understood my words this way, then I failed to
present the problem correctly, sorry about that.

The problem is:
The signature was not broken until FreeBSD's list manager touched the body.

PS I recommend RFC6377 for reading. I learnt much from it.

PS2 I think I'll start PGP-signing all my messages to the freebsd lists,
so that the mailman cannot touch the MIME-encoded body.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/