Future of FreeBSD: Software Store?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Tue Nov 20 05:59:49 UTC 2018

On 19 Nov 2018, at 17:27, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> For me, FreeBSD is the primary OS not just on servers,
> but also on the desktop and on laptops - the platforms
> where "everyone" claims it's impossible to use it, and
> for the purposes claimed to be unsuitable. :-)

I've never heard anyone say it was impossible or unsuitable.

Impossible for most users and unsuitable for most users, sure. (where most means nearly all users, honesty).

I would never put my wife in front of a UNIX Desktop unless it was macOS, because she'd kill me and she wouldn't be able to get any of her work done.

--
Mister Teatime had a truly brilliant mind, but it was brilliant like a
fractured mirror, all marvelous facets and rainbows but, ultimately,