Future of FreeBSD: Software Store?

MikaelNikolaev MikaelJ1 at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:46:20 UTC 2018

Hello!,

I am interested in running FreeBSD as a distraction-free productivity OS in the near future, however I was wondering if there was a text-only software "store" included?. I believe the biggest issue with FreeBSD, is that it seems very difficult to install new software onto it or otherwise learn the ins and outs of the OS. I believe everything should be easily accessible within the OS itself, instead of having to browse for links and commands on an Ubuntu or even Windows 10 machine. I believe a lot of good can come from an easy-to-use, text-only and productivity focused OS and I hope FreeBSD will be that in the future!. Many people nowadays are distracted by social media and the sheer amount of 'things to do' that they forget about the meaningful things in life and getting actual work done.

best,
Mikael