OT: good free email service?

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:21:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 20:13:18 -0500
Mike via freebsd-questions wrote:

> On 11/9/2018 3:52 PM, RW via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 12:56:18 -0500
> > Mike via freebsd-questions wrote:
> >
> >> I have been using PrivateEmail for a few years with no issues.  I
> >> use it with Thunderbird (POP3 and SMTP both over TLS, I've not
> >> used the IMAP capability).
> >>
> >> https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/email.aspx
> >

> > One thing that put me off that is that it looks like the cheapest
> > of the three accounts only supports 2 addresses on the domain
> > (they specify 1 alias).
> >
> > Do they allow that alias to be a catch-all?
>
> I am not sure where you see the "two addresses on a domain"
> limitation.
>
> I just looked at the webpage and do not see it.  Can you be more
> specific?

If you click on "Tech Specs" there's a table of feature and if you
mouse-over the aliases "?" icon it says

    "Maximum number of aliases for each mailbox. Alias is a forwarding
    address. It doesn't have its own storage but forwards e-mails to
    main e-mail address"

If you are required to nominate a main address on your domain and can
have one alias, that sounds like a limit of two addresses.