Building 11.2 On A 10.4-Stable System

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Fri Nov 9 23:19:37 UTC 2018

I have two 10.4-Stable instances - One physical machine and one VM unicore
on a cloud provider.

I both cases, I downloaded the 11.2-stable source via svn and proceeded
to do make buildworld buildkernel (all running under 10.4).

On the VM everything completes flawlessly.   On the physical machine,
it blows up with an error traceback like this:

/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:776:9: note: using declaration
using ::cosh;
        ^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.
*** [Support/APFloat.o] Error code 1

make[3]: stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/libllvmminimal
1 error

make[3]: stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/libllvmminimal
*** [_bootstrap-tools-lib/clang/libllvmminimal] Error code 2

make[2]: stopped in /usr/src
1 error

make[2]: stopped in /usr/src
*** [_bootstrap-tools] Error code 2