ZFS re attaching failed device to pool

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Tue Nov 6 18:20:30 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 11:06 AM Kevin P. Neal <kpn at neutralgood.org> wrote:

[...]

> For a simple mirror, if you can handle the risk, you can detach the
> unavailable disk and then reattach it. Once the mirror has been dropped
> down to a single disk (ie, not a mirror anymore) then you can _attach_ the
> disk that was part of the mirror before. Just make sure you "attach" it,
> don't use any other verbs.

Damn it. Your email came a few minutes too late. See my previous post I did
detach and "add" not attach.

Can I still do it? is there any way to just leave the array as it was?
Also, what is p3?

Pls. take a look at my previous post where I print out the current status
after detach and add and the complete history of the pool.

Thanks!!
--
Alex