FBSD on Mac

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Sun May 27 00:23:28 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 27, 2018, 08:02 M. P. <wintermute24x7 at icloud.com> wrote:

> Hello I have succeded in creating an install disk for Mac but when I try
> to install single user the process hangs and I get the message  Power Fault
> Detected. Any Ideas? Does the Mac hard drive have to be formatted for FBSD?

I wouldn't recommend trying to run anything not Mac OS on their machines.

If your Mac is up to version 11.2 or lower you should be fine.

The new Mac hardware actively does things to thwart anyone who tries to run
non Mac OS.

Even if you do get it up and running, the wifi will be broken so you'll
need a dongle.

GPU will give you trouble as well.

If it's one of the newer Mac with those led buttons you're totally out of
luck.

If you are able to reverse engineer custom hardware and write custom
drivers then you might be OK.

If not, either run FreeBSD in a VM on Mac, sell that Mac and buy a
compatible laptop or ...

Best,
Owen