copy freebsd src using sysinstall

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 15:26:05 UTC 2018

Shyaka Rene via freebsd-questions wrote:
> Hello, i'm learning freebsd server, i need to install src from dvd (internet cost is high in my country so i'm using DVD to install packages) mount dvd with command mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /media/cdrom it works. the problem is when i use sysinstall to install src it show me an error dialog says error mounting /dev/cd0 on /dist:no such file or directory the /dist folder exists and google gives me nothing. any help is appreciated (i'm using freebsd version 9)

For your information, Freebsd version 9.0 is out of support and does not
support the current hardware computer manufactures are using. The
sysinstall tool has been replaced with the bsdinstall tool. The current
supported version is 11.2. You really have to get a more current version
of freebsd to play with.

The English version of the handbook can be found here
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/