Installing Freebsd on MAc

Felix Friedlander felixphew0 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:40:10 UTC 2018

> On 26 May 2018, at 08:59, M. P. <wintermute24x7 at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hello I am trying to install FreeBSD on a MAC I burn - FreeBSD-11.1-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso <https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/i386/i386/ISO-IMAGES/11.1/FreeBSD-11.1-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso> to a blank DVD with Mac diskutility but when I try to boot to disk I get nothing. Just standard startup. Any Ideas?

Unless you have quite an old intel Mac, you probably want the amd64 installer, not the i386 one. Also, that was a CD image you downloaded, not a DVD image. Try downloading:

https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/11.1/FreeBSD-11.1-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso

and see how that goes.

- Felix