ssh -X remote does not work due to problem with xauth

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed May 9 18:09:39 UTC 2018

El día miércoles, mayo 09, 2018 a las 02:18:36p. m. -0000, Christian Weisgerber escribió:

> On 2018-05-09, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> > When I launch 'ssh -X remote host' to get X11 forwarded to my workstation
> > this does not work, i.e. does not produce a DISPLAY env on the remote
> > host and says:
>
> Is X11Forwarding enabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the remote host?
>
> > $ ssh -X apitzm at srap16dxr1
> > Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated
>
> That's exactly the error you get if X11Forwarding is off on the
> remote host.

X11Forwarding is definitely enabled on the remote server. Other users in
my company network who are coming from Ubuntu workstations to the same
server do not face this problem.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
May, 9: Спаси́бо, освободители! Thank you very much, Russian liberators!