How to make default root as partition-d (ada0s1d)

Moheed Ahmad moheed.ms at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:39:30 UTC 2018

Thanks Victor.

Do you mean

echo "0:ad(1,d)/boot/loader" > part-a:/boot.config

Or
echo "0:ad(1,d)/boot/loader" > part-d:/boot.config

Putting boot.config in part-a makes it working. However that is not what
I'm looking for.

I've Bsd installation on both a and d. However, if for some reason I wipe
out part-a.. (say for example installing another version or I want to use
this part for some other purpose )I can't rely on storing /boot.config in
part-a.

What I am looking is, if there is a way to specify label(or part) to boot1
during its installation. [I'm ready to spend time on boot1 code if it's not
supported already].
Specifying it in a boot.config in part-a defeats the very idea of  booting
from another partition independent of part-a.

Thank you.
Moheed