radicale or davical on FreeBSD?

Peter Boosten peter at boosten.org
Wed Mar 7 18:35:23 UTC 2018

> On 7 Mar 2018, at 17:17, Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 18:54:43 -0500
> David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone have either radicale or davical going on FreeBSD? If so,
>> how did you add users and configure calendars?

I missed the original post, so I’ll answer here.

I used davical for quite some time, but since my entire family has an iPhone, I switched to iCloud-family sharing, since that fits our neefs better.

Users adding to davical is done through the web interface (which has to be configured in /etc/davical iirc), and any caldav-enabled calendar application then can connect. Sharing calendars can be done through the web interface as well. Users can also share address books. I think there was a problem with PHP7, but I’m not sure (anymore). Ran fine on 5.6 though.

Peter