ZFS mirror keeps going offline/removed

Frank Leonhardt freebsd-doc at fjl.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 14:24:09 UTC 2018

*** Fixed Top Post - reply at bottom ***

On 2018-05-31 02:14, Aaron wrote:
> Hm. SMART seems fine (see below for ada2 & ada8), but looks fine. I did
> look at camcontrol, don't see anything obvious but strange that ada2 &
> ada8

I see you're using "Green" drives, and this is most likely your problem.
Basically, if they go to sleep to conserve power and then don't respond
quickly enough then ZFS (and gmirror) will decide they're off-line, or
at least flaky, and detach them.

Regards, Frank.