Toshiba disk low performance

Christos Chatzaras chris at cretaforce.gr
Thu Jun 7 15:18:26 UTC 2018

During a 10GB mysql import the server with Toshiba disks does 250-400 ops/s and another server with exactly the same setup (only disks different) does 1000-2300 ops/s.

When servers are idle "diskinfo -ctv /dev/ada0" show similar speeds to both disks. During the mysql import the server with Toshiba disks show 15 times worst results.