Unable to kill processes using either Ctrl-C or 'kill'

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Mon Jun 4 03:51:51 UTC 2018

On 04/06/2018 04:33, Michael Schuster wrote:

> most likely, being root or equivalent won't help in this case. If a
> processes owner cannot kill it (using -9, which cannot be caught) that
> implies that the process is hung in the kernel (signal delivery happens
> when a process leaves kernel context).

I this situation, is there any way to find what function the hung
process is in? Attach and backtrace it?

While I know I can attach lldb/gdb to a running process, I can't seem to
find a way to interrupt a non-killable process to get control and see
where it is or what it is doing.

and... I just thought I should be looking at dtrace.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler