Windows via bhyve at FreeBSD11.1

Andreas Drewke andreas at drewke.net
Thu Jul 5 18:24:17 UTC 2018

Hi,

I got it.

I had 2 problems.

- First I did not see anything as I was connecting with freerdp which
does not work. Using vncviewer indeed does.
- But I need to press quickly a key after connecting with vncviewer in
the window I started the bhyve or in the vnc viewer. Not 100% sure here.
(Also order of drives seem to be important, haveing cd first worked for
me, having cd as second did not, this was a hint on bsdforen.de)

Now my windows does install.

I am super curios. Using "vncviewer" is worth a note in a blog or
documentation I think. Spend like 8+ hours to find out how to boot a
Windows 7/8.1,10 in bhyve under FBSD.

Many thanx.

Best regards
Andreas

On 07/05/18 18:22, Andreas Drewke wrote:Hi,