freebsd-update / iocage upgrade

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sun Jul 1 21:04:34 UTC 2018

(I am not subscribed so please keep CCed)

Is there something special I need to do to make iocage do an update? I have
VIMAGE set up, and the jail ("bastion") has its own IP address.

∴sudo iocage upgrade -r 11.1-RELEASE-p11 bastion
Password:
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.1-RELEASE from update6.freebsd.org...
done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.

The following components of FreeBSD seem to be installed:
src/src world/base world/doc world/lib32

The following components of FreeBSD do not seem to be installed:
world/base-dbg world/lib32-dbg

Fetching metadata signature for 11.1-RELEASE-p11 from
update6.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.1-RELEASE-p11 from
update5.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.1-RELEASE-p11 from
update4.freebsd.org... failed.

----

>From inside the jail:

ping update6.freebsd.org
PING update6.freebsd.org (198.148.79.66): 56 data bytes

--
Eitan Adler

--
Sent from my Turing Machine