LPD listen directive?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jan 31 09:46:31 UTC 2018

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 21:37:37 -0500, James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions wrote:
> It still remains for me to discover how exactly to configure those
> options. Lpd is enabled in rc.conf with lpd_enable="YES".  Is there a
> variable like lpd_switches to see the command line options?  If so,
> what is its name?  And where might it be documented?

Check /etc/defaults/rc.conf and you'll discover those:

lpd_enable="NO"         # Run the line printer daemon.
lpd_program="/usr/sbin/lpd"     # path to lpd, if you want a different one.
lpd_flags=""            # Flags to lpd (if enabled).
chkprintcap_enable="NO" # Run chkprintcap(8) before running lpd.

See "man 8 lpd" for a list of options.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany