xfce4 reverts to mirrored dislays

Per olof Ljungmark peo at nethead.se
Sat Jan 20 18:42:48 UTC 2018

On 01/20/18 19:06, Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 18:19:20 +0100, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>> I did, but believe it not, the display still comes up mirrered and when
>> I change it back to "Right-of" the file changes ownership to 644 and my
>> username.
>
> Are you sure the file already was immutable? Indeed, a tmp file could be
> more important than the real config, but actually it's impossible
> to change permissions of an immutable file.
>
>> Sigh.
>>
>> I think I'll open the bug upstream instead.
>
> Don't waste your time with desktop environments! Migrate to a WM that
> comes close to your needs and then spend some time to build your
> personal DE. There's no need for programming skills, you only need to
> know what you need, to google and to chose the window manager you need
> + a few scripts to optimize it regarding your needs.

-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  uarch 1412 Jan 20 18:17 displays.xml

I am perfectly happy with xfce in all other aspects and I do not want to
change. In fact, I use xfce together with a lot of utilities from KDE
and I really like the environment, it is very productive for me. I
rather live with this anomaly than change wm.

Thanks,

//per