Dualboot and ZFS

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:57:13 UTC 2018

On 01/15/18 20:17, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> However, later you suggest it's possible to install freebsd-zfs on a
> BSD slice. How is that?

I never suggested installing freebsd-zfs on a MBR/BSD slice, unless I
made a typo. freebsd-zfs can only be installed on an entire disk,
partitioned GPT.

The steps mentioned in my first message target moving an existing UFS to
ZFS.

> Do you mean to say it's viable to install freebsd-zfs on ada0s3a but
> not viable on ada0s3 ? I don't see logic here.

You have to recreate the s3 slice and its nested s3a partition during rsync.

Thanks & Regards,
Manish Jain