HAST questions

Julien Cigar julien at perdition.city
Thu Jan 11 12:55:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 03:06:39PM +0300, Zainelabdeen S.A Elgraeed wrote:
> hello, i am Zainelabdeen system administrator at the university of Gezira
> Sudan.
>
> we have a project to use Freebsd as web hosting, we want to use jail for
> each web server.
>
> 1.how can I provide high availability for jail between two host machine?

"high availability" is a general term and happen at various levels of
the whole "stack". On the application layer with HTTP you'll probably
need at least 4 machines if you want to do HA and LB properly (with
HAProxy or ...)

> 2. is hast can be used to do this task?

although HAST is no so much used and developed it can somewhat provide
drbd-like HA for the storage side (but don't use it with ZFS) if
coupled with CARP/devd.