Meltdown – Spectre

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jan 8 08:58:07 UTC 2018

El día lunes, enero 08, 2018 a las 09:22:34a. m. +0100, Kristof Provost escribió:

> They have been aware of the problem for 6+ months. FreeBSD was notified
> in late December. It’s being worked on, but these are non-trivial
> changes, so it’ll take some time.

As I side note, and not related to FreeBSD: My Internet server is run by
some webhosting company (www.1blu.de), they use Ubuntu servers and since
yesterday they have shutdown SSH access to the servers argumenting that they want
protect my (all's) servers against attacks of Meltdown and Spectre.

Imagine, next time we have to shutdown all IOT gadgets...

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  📱 +49-176-38902045