UDP connections from NAT'ed jails

Peter Ludikovsky peter at ludikovsky.name
Mon Feb 26 14:35:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

With the adapdation on the VM:

    [peter at doctor ~]$ sudo service pf reload
    Reloading pf rules.
    [peter at doctor ~]$ cat /etc/pf.conf
    IP_PUB="10.0.2.15"
    IP_JAIL="192.168.5.2"
    NET_JAIL="192.168.5.0/24"
    scrub in all
    #set skip on lo
    nat pass on em0 from $NET_JAIL to any -> $IP_PUB
    pass out keep state
    [peter at doctor ~]$ sudo pfctl -sn
    nat pass on em0 inet from 192.168.5.0/24 to any -> 10.0.2.15
    [peter at doctor ~]$ host pkg.freebsd.org
    pkg.freebsd.org is an alias for pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org.
    pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org has address 149.20.1.201
    pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org has IPv6 address 2001:4f8:1:11::50:1

No change in the jail.

tcpdump on the host shows resolution happening for the jail-host, but
nothing for the jail itself.

Regards,
/peter