how to change console font type and size ?

chblock2-freebsd at yahoo.com chblock2-freebsd at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 17:54:01 UTC 2018

I had a lot of issue with console resolution as well.  Seems the vt driver was rushed out as a stop gap for KMS support missing that one important feature. In my case I went back to using the sc driver since the nVidia driver I use does not depend on it (kern.vty=sc).  Otherwise you're limited to running the console in vga mode (hw.vga.textmode=1) or running it in the native monitor resolution.  It leaves you with the option for giant vga mode font or tiny native resolution font.  Font selection is limited and personally I don't think any of them are any better than the stock vga font.  If there's one feature the vt team needs to get out there fast it's the ability to change console resolution.

P.S. sorry for the horrible format, the retarded web based email I'm using doesn't know how to replay to an email properly.