WebDAV permissions anomoly (FreeBSD-1, Apache24)

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Feb 20 21:33:31 UTC 2018

This issue turned out to be a file/folder ownership problem.  Somehow
a number of the transferred files ended up having the ownership
root:www whereas the bulk of the files had the proper www:www
ownership.  Most of the improperly owned files were found in one
directory which is why I was mislead as to the extent of the problem.

Doing a chown -R www:www at the root of the webdav directory tree
appears to have corrected the problem.  I will continue to monitor
this just in case it was actually caused by something other than the
transfer process and reoccurs.

Canada  L8E 3C3