File fransfer from iPad to FreeBSD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Feb 16 20:50:25 UTC 2018

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:34:36 -0500, James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions wrote:

> On Fri, February 16, 2018 04:47, Polytropon wrote:
> > Did anyone succeed in transfering files _from_ an iPad _to_
> > a FreeBSD machine using the USB cable? The setting where this
> > should work consists of a FreeBSD 10.3-p24 (32 bit) and an
> > iPad 32 GB with iOS 11.0.3 15A432.
> >

> I have successfully moved images from an iPhone running IOS 11.x to A
> FreeBSD-11 host using gphoto.  That is as close as I can come to your
> requirements.

I didn't know gphoto could work with iDevices. Another thing
to check next week. I've been using both gphoto and gtkam
(both using the same library) many years ago to get images
from a camera that didn't have the ability to be used with
the direct access (da) driver (i. e., no mass storage was
exported), but with those tools, it was very easy to copy
or move files (or all files) from the device.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany