File fransfer from iPad to FreeBSD

Per olof Ljungmark peo at nethead.se
Fri Feb 16 12:52:06 UTC 2018

On 02/16/18 10:47, Polytropon wrote:
> Did anyone succeed in transfering files _from_ an iPad _to_
> a FreeBSD machine using the USB cable? The setting where this
> should work consists of a FreeBSD 10.3-p24 (32 bit) and an
> iPad 32 GB with iOS 11.0.3 15A432.

Hi,

I got curious when I read this and tried myself on a fairly recent
11-STABLE amd64 system.

I can report that I successfully have accessed an iPhone 5SE and is able
to transfer images from it. This was done with fusefs-ifuse and
libimobiledevice.

idevicepair pair (with screen unlocked)
kldload fuse
ifuse -d -u <40 digit id> /mnt

Don't know what is different with your system though, but at least there
is proof that it *can* work.

Cheers,

//per