any problem going from 9.x (don't laugh) to 11 directly?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Feb 15 01:40:34 UTC 2018

>>>>> "John" == John R Levine <johnl at iecc.com> writes:

John> It's possible but I have several VPS running 10.4 and have yet to
John> run into a port that said 11.x only.  If a release is still
John> supported, the ports should work on it.  On the other hand there
John> are plenty of ports that are abandoned and don't build at all.
John> Which ones are you thinking of?

I need to go back through my poudriere logs and see where the trouble
is.

The big problem (and why I'm still on 9) is the shoemaker's children
issue.  I have big bills to pay, and this is all non-billable time.

Perl/Unix/Dart consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig