any problem going from 9.x (don't laugh) to 11 directly?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Feb 15 01:19:08 UTC 2018

In article <86lgfvi20e.fsf at red.stonehenge.com> you write:
>I'm on 9.3, and intended to use freebsd-update.

In that case I'd go to 10.4, poke at that long enough to make sure
things work, then go to 11.1.

You can probably eventually fix what breaks if you try to skip 10.x
but that seems needless pain.

The functional differences between 10.4 and 11.1 are not huge, and
10.4 is supported through the end of October so you can easily wait a
month or more between the two updates.  If you're feeling really lazy,
wait until early October and hope that 11.2 is out by then so you can
skip 11.1.

R's,
John