pkg check --recompute and apache24 deleted files

Rafal Lukawiecki raf at rafal.net
Sat Feb 10 18:59:12 UTC 2018

Sincere apologies for bumping this question, but if anyone has experience of using pkg check, I would be very grateful for some pointers. Many thanks.

I have started seeing a longish list of warnings in daily security run output related to files which I have removed after installing apache24. This used not to happen in the past, it is a recent change, perhaps a month or so old. I do not need the “default” web site that apache24 installation creates in /usr/local/www/apache24. For example, I get these:

   Checking for packages with mismatched checksums:
   apache24-2.4.29: missing file /usr/local/www/apache24/cgi-bin/printenv
   apache24-2.4.29: missing file /usr/local/www/apache24/cgi-bin/test-cgi
   apache24-2.4.29: missing file /usr/local/www/apache24/error/HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY.html.var
   …

I thought I could use pkg check --recompute to suppress those, but it seems to have had no effect. Is there another way of telling pkg to stop listing those deletions in its security output?

Thank you for your kind assistance and my regards from Ireland,
Rafal
--
Rafal Lukawiecki
Data Scientist