German keyboard support for gdm???

Peter Ulrich Kruppa opsyspref at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:39:28 UTC 2018

So now,

I couldn't solve my problem with gdm but after some failed experiments with
some more login-managers (xdm, lightdm, slim) I found x11/sddm .
When I edit the file /usr/local/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup by adding the line
  setxkbmap de,us
and reboot, I get a language selector with DE and US keyboard.
I think that's as simple as it should be.

Greetings

Peter