Response to Meltdown and Spectre

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sun Feb 4 01:05:08 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-03, "Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> With all due respect, one person saying, it didn't affect me, doesn't
> prove it is not disastrous for somebody else. Even if it is one machine
> out of thousand that is "bricked" for some time, it is a disaster for
> sysadmin who has that machine as a production server

Of course, but who at all is saying that Intel's microcode updates
have "bricked" any machines?  This appears to be an entirely spurious
claim, based on nothing other than grievous exaggeration that turns
"higher system reboots" into "bricked". You guys are talking each
other into a frenzy of fear over nothing.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de