Response to Meltdown and Spectre

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Feb 1 21:48:34 UTC 2018

On 31 Jan 2018, at 18:20, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this blunder by MS-Intel Duopoly could be the poison pill that will kill both.

That seems highly unlikely. It will damage the role of Intel in the server market fora time, but the trouble is that AMD's behavior has been at least as bad as Intel's, if not worse, in regards to Meltdown, so there's not a clearly better choice even though the AMD chips have less issues.

And what other choices are there for server kit?

--
“If you want to get rich from writing, write the sort of thing that's
read by persons who move their lips when they're reading to themselves.”